Position: Ice Cream Production Pint/Prep
Be the happiest part of people’s day at our Portland Central Kitchen
Our ice cream is about more than just ice cream.
While it's not the reason we do what we do, it's nice to be recognized as the top ice cream company in the US by the Food Network and also best place to work for multiple years running.
We are looking for individuals who are curious about creating imaginative ice cream and are passionate about quality food, locally sourced ingredients and community involvement.
The Ice Cream Production (Pint/Prep) position will work closely with everyone within all levels of the Ice Cream Production, so you'll be able to see and grow into a role that best suits you.
Your role will be involved with preparing fresh baked and cooked goods into bite sized pieces for inclusion in the ice cream and hand packing pints with layers of caramel, sauces and jams into fresh ice cream.
Each day will bring new challenges and creative techniques as you learn what it takes to make some of the best ice cream in the world!
Currently hiring for the following shifts:
AM shift (7:00 AM - 5:30 PM) PM shift ( 2:30 PM - 1:00 AM)
* Weekend and holiday availability if needed
* At least 18 years old * Food handling experience preferred
* Can work in freezer and in very cold environments
* Respect safety and hygiene standards * Ability to lift 20-30 pounds, and 5-10 consistently
* Ability to stand on your feet while working
* Ability to work in close proximity to others
* Professional, clear and concise communication skills
* Attention to detail and adaptability * Ability to take feedback and constantly be looking for ways to improve and grow
* Team Player * Follow the GMP guidelines including but not limited to: no jewelry or piercings (must remove while working), the proper wearing of issued hair net/beard nets and gloves during food handling and production
* Valid Food Handlers permit * Can add to our fun environment!
We are proud to offer these benefits: * Hourly Rate: $13.50 - $14.00
* Health and Dental Benefits available * Paid Time Off
* Hospitality Training * Employee Assistance Program
* Paid Parental Leave * Short-term Disability
* Opportunity for Growth * Lots of Incredible Ice Cream!
Enough of what we think… Hear what our team has to say about working at Salt & Straw:
We can’t wait to meet you!
Salt & Straw is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We will consider all people - minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities no matter their sexual orientation or gender identity.
Salt & Straw will consider giving opportunities to qualified individuals with criminal histories when it aligns with federal, state and local statutes.
Location/Region: Portland, OR (97214)