Join the YRC Freight team! We are the original LTL Carrier with over 90 years in the business and we’re looking for fulltime Combination City Driver/Dock Workers.
As a YRC Freight City Combination Driver/Dock Worker, you’ll be responsible for safely driving trucks and trailers to pick up and deliver freight to and from various locations as well as loading/unloading freight from trailers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operating a tractor-trailer to pick up and deliver freight within a defined area
- Pre-trip and post trip inspections of tractor/trailer(s) and when stopped en route
- Dropping and hooking trailer(s) and changing equipment configurations as necessary
- Loading and unloading freight from trailers using various lifting methods including forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Preparing, inspecting, and cleaning trailers before loading freight
- Reviewing freight bills for special instructions and inspecting freight for damage
- Competitive pay based on union scale
- 100% Company Paid premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for you and your family (most locations)
- Paid Overtime
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 21 years of age or older
- Possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Double/Triple, Tanker and Hazardous Material endorsements
- One year of tractor-trailer driving experience
- A safe driving record per MVR
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- Read, write and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway and traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, read a bill of lading
- Work various shifts and days of the week
For other opportunities visit drive4yrc.com or call me Stacy at 708-515-4694 or 1-877-249-2271 to speak to a recruiter now.
Or apply directly to position by copying below link and putting into your internet browser:
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
With more than 28,000 employees, YRC Freight is the largest operating unit of Overland Park, Kansas–based YRC Worldwide, and one of the largest trucking companies in the United States.
Being one of the largest isn’t what makes YRC Freight a great company to work for. With a reputation for competitive pay and benefits in the LTL freight industry, there are many reasons to consider working with us.
YRC Freight attracts the best drivers on the road
1.100% Company-paid health care benefits and vacation time.
2.All equipment is provided and maintained by the Company.
3.Daily dispatches with minimum time away from home.
Location/Region: Granite Falls, MN (US)